Herbal jelly is one of the most common foods/drinks in TW. It’s soothing in summertime in form of 仙草凍, and it’s warming in chilled winter in form of 燒仙草. The grass is brought from 迪化街, and i guess more would be avaliable in 萬華區青草店.
In the memory of days in TW, here we boil the herbs … …
1. Heat herb in cold water (high heat) until it boils (low heat).
2. Boil for an hour, filter the juice and add sugar. (amount depends on your taste)
1. Melt gelatin sheet using hot water.
2. Add to the boiled herbal juice and heat it slowly with stirring (low heat)
3. Fridge it until it coagulates.
Sweet soup with grass jelly 燒仙草
Corn starch 30g
Tap water 80g
Boiled herbal juice 600g
1. Dissolve corn starch in tap water.
2. Add it bit by bit to the boiled herbal juice and heat in low heat until it becomes sticky.
Reference: 周老師的美食教室 http://homeeconomics.pixnet.net/blog/post/66280369-191.%E5%A4%9C%E5%B8%82%E7%B3%BB%E5%88%9723%EF%BC%9A%E4%BB%99%E8%8D%89%E3%80%81%E4%BB%99%E8%8D%89%E5%87%8D%E3%80%81%E7%87%92%E4%BB%99%E8%8D%89